Personality! It’s a big part of building and maintaining a personal brand. For over twenty years, Michael Hoffman has been helping companies build sales, radically shift their culture, develop their leaders, and engage employees in delivering true customer service. Right off the bat, you’ll notice Michael’s big, funny, and energetic personality. Michael dropped by to talk about how he infused his company, Igniting Performance, with humor and personality.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Michael talks about his early days as a speaker and how he overcame some apprehension over putting his personality front-and-center.
- How can you balance humor with good, solid, content?
- What are some of the pitfalls of being seen as a humorist?
- What are some of the things that Michael does to keep growing his business and personal brand?
- Who are some of the names in the speaking industry whom Michael looks up to?
- Michael shares how he’s built and refined his content over cups of coffee with friends.
- How can speakers tap into their “real” personality?
- How can we use the right kind of body language to look confident? (Hint: let the armpits breathe!)
- Michael loves being known as the “Tornado Guy”.
- How can we claim that one thing that makes us who we are in our personal branding?
- Michael discusses how he uses his Cup of Hoff segment to extend his message from the stage and add an extra layer of engagement with his clients.
Make sure you check out Michael’s site: Igniting Performance. While you’re there, check out some of Michael’s videos. I promise it will be worth your time!
If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to the show via iTunes. While you’re there, I’d love it if you leave me a review. The reviews help get my show out there and the feedback really helps me fine-tune things. Thanks for listening!