It makes sense that someone with a career like Benji’s would be an interesting and lively podcast guest. Benji Bruce has been on stages since he was 10 years old. Benji mixes his mentalist and mind-reading performance with solid ROI for his unique brand of infotainment.
Benji drops by the show to talk about his journey from a young performer to a sought-after speaker and speaking coach.
Here’s a little bit of what we tackle:
- Benji talks about his early days on the stage and how being a child performer has instilled a sense of comfort with being on stage.
- The age-old question, to cuss on stage or not to cuss.
- When did Benji make the decision to go from performer to speaker? What did he do to make sure there was plenty of ROI in his presentations?
- Benji offers his take on what makes a good speaker website.
- What extremes has Benji gone through to get gigs throughout his career? (This is a funny story- make sure you catch this part!)
- Find out how a brush with death at an early age changed Benji’s outlook on life.
- In hindsight, maybe I should have asked Benji to read my mind.
I had a lot of fun interviewing Benji. He’s funny, opinionated, and genuine. Make sure you take a look at a couple of his site:
Beni really does video well. On both of his site, I highly recommend watching a few of his videos.
One last thing…I’m working on something that I think will be pretty cool and I need YOUR help. I’m putting together a Q & A episode of the Get the Gigs podcast. If you have some question that keeps you up at night regarding speaker websites, branding, or marketing, then I want to know about it. Any way you decided to get me your question is fine. You can leave a comment below, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tweet me at @getthegigs or shoot it to me on Facebook. I’ll take the best questions and compile them into a Q & A-filled episode.
Thanks for listening!