Sometimes we overlook the potential in the moments that are right under our nose. If there’s one thing Lou Heckler is great at, it’s finding the teaching potential in everyday, normal, moments. In addition to being a veteran of TV and radio and a Hall of Fame speaker, Lou is also a speaking coach who helps speakers hone their presentation skills. Lou weighs on what makes good presentations, particularly, the little things that we can do to make an audience connect with us.
Here’s some of what we cover in this episode:
- How can you drag out something that’s really interesting about yourself and use it in a presentation?
- What are some of the biggest presentation mistakes that Lou often sees?
- “If you ain’t scared, it ain’t big enough.”
- What does Lou do to push himself?
- What is delightful jeopardy?
- What can you do to tie your presentation back to your brand?
- It is possible to learn how to be funny and add that humor to your presentation.
- There are opportunities to enhance our speeches with humor and stories everywhere. We just have to be observant.
Make sure you visit louheckler.com and check out the coaching services that Lou has to offer.
If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to the show via iTunes. While you’re there, why not leave me a review? Subscriptions and reviews are the lifeblood of any podcast. The reviews, in particular, help get the show to more ears and they let me know how I’m doing.
Thanks for listening!